The Titans were once known as the Houston Oilers and were founded in 1960 by Bud Adams in Houston, Texas. A year later, the team moved to Nashville from Memphis, Tennessee. In 1999, the club changed its name to the one it has now.
Nissan Stadium, the team’s home stadium in Nashville, hosts Titans games. The team’s average home attendance throughout the regular season was 64,509 in 2019. They are now owned by Amy Adams Strunk, the daughter of the Titans’ first owners. As of 2020, the team was worth about 2.3 billion U.S. dollars.
During their one and only Super Bowl appearance, the Titans were defeated by the St. Louis Rams in 2000. It was the Titans’ first and only time appearing in the Big Game. 2019 was a good year for the Titans. They went to the playoffs but lost the AFC Championship Game to the Kansas City Chiefs, who won the Super Bowl.
Date: 1960 – present
Division: AFC South
Stadium: Nissan Stadium – Capacity: 69,143
Coach: Mike Vrabel
Owner: Amy Adams Strunk
Awards & Honors:
Tennessee Titans Schedule 2022
- Week 1: vs. Giants, Sunday 9/11, 4:25 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Week 2: @ Bills, Monday 9/19, 7:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)
- Week 3: vs. Raiders, Sunday 9/25, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Week 4: @ Colts, Sunday 10/2, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Week 5: @ Commanders, Sunday 10/9, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 6: BYE
- Week 7: vs. Colts, Sunday 10/23, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 8: @ Texans, Sunday 10/30, 4:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 9: @ Chiefs, Sunday 11/6, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)
- Week 10: vs. Broncos, Sunday 11/13, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 11: @ Packers, Thursday 11/17, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
- Week 12: vs. Bengals, Sunday 11/27, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 13: @ Eagles, Sunday 12/4, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Week 14: vs. Jaguars, Sunday 12/11, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 15: @ Chargers, Sunday 12/18, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 16: vs. Texans, Saturday 12/24, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 17: vs. Cowboys, Thursday 12/29, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
- Week 18: @ Jaguars, TBD
Tennessee Titans Total 2021 Salary Cap
- Maximum Salary Cap: $190,545,697
- Active Contracts: $110,021,801
- Injured Reserve: $23,204,566
- Dead Cap: $29,516,164
- Total Cap: $184,322,201
- Est. Cap Space: $6,223,496
Who is the best player on the Tennessee Titans 2021?
Tennessee Titans wide receiver A.J. Brown has been voted as the No. 62 player in the NFL on the “Top 100 Players of 2021” rankings.