The club was created in 1959 in Los Angeles and relocated to San Diego the following year, becoming the San Diego Chargers. In 2017, the Chargers returned to their original home of Los Angeles. The club is presently owned by Alex Spanos, and its franchise worth was predicted to be around 2.6 billion U. S. dollars in 2020.
The Chargers now play their home games at SoFi Stadium, which is located in Inglewood, California as part of a huge entertainment complex. Prior to moving to Los Angeles, the average number of people who came to the team’s home games dropped from 32,768 to 25,393.
In Super Bowl XXIX in 1994, the Chargers recorded their first and only Super Bowl participation, which they failed to the San Francisco 49ers.
Date: 1960 – present
Division: AFC West
Headquarters: Los Angeles
Stadium: SoFi Stadium – Capacity: 70,240
Coach: Brandon Staley
Controlling Owner/Chairman: Dean Spanos
Awards & Honors:
Los Angeles Chargers Schedule 2022
- Week 1: vs. Raiders, Sunday 9/11, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 2: @ Chiefs, Thursday 9/15, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
- Week 3: vs. Jaguars, Sunday 9/25, 4:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 4: @ Texans, Sunday 10/2, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 5: @ Browns, Sunday 10/9, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 6: vs. Broncos, Monday 10/17, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)
- Week 7: vs. Seahawks, Sunday 10/23, 4:25 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Week 8: BYE
- Week 9: @ Falcons, Sunday 11/6, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Week 10: @ 49ers, Sunday 11/13, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)
- Week 11: vs. Chiefs, Sunday 11/20, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 12: @ Cardinals, Sunday 11/27, 4:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 13: @ Raiders, Sunday 12/4, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 14: vs. Dolphins, Sunday 12/11, 4:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 15: vs. Titans, Sunday 12/18, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
- Week 16: @ Colts, Monday 12/26, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)
- Week 17: vs. Rams, Sunday 1/1, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)
- Week 18: @ Broncos, TBD
Los Angeles Chargers Total 2021 Salary Cap
- Maximum Salary Cap: $191,730,527
- Active Contracts: $133,054,821
- Injured Reserve: $17,728,955
- Dead Cap: $5,776,848
- Total Cap: $182,118,380
- Est. Cap Space: $9,612,147
Who is the best player on the Los Angeles Chargers 2021?
Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert has been voted as the No. 56 player in the NFL on the “Top 100 Players of 2021” rankings.